Thursday, March 27, 2008

Corndogs, a Cavity, and a Confession

I love the reality show Top Chef. It always inspires me to cook or at least eat something really delicious. Last night the guy who got voted off made some corndogs, which apparently were soggy. But, they looked REALLY GOOD! This morning, I just couldn't get those corndogs out of my mind. I had to have one. I just loaded all of the kids in the car so I could get a corndog, or maybe two. Considering the gas prices these days, it was one pricey treat. But, it was so good and totally worth it. I just recently discovered my love for the corndog. As a kid I hated them, and it always made me kind of sad because who doesn't like to eat things off a stick? I would watch my sisters in envy dipping into the mustard and chewing away. I just couldn't do it. Then, a couple of months ago my sister was serving them up to the kids. I decided to give it another try since it had been at least 20 years. Oh, it was love at first bite. What was I thinking? These things are pure fried sweet corn bread hot dog heaven. I am now on a constant quest for a good corndog. The famous Jeremy I talked about in my last food post is disgusted by my new craving, and won't even order them for me when we drive up to Sonic. He makes me yell past him, CORNDOG!!

Spencer had his first cavity today. So sad. He was a trooper, and thanks to his Uncle, the great Dr. Wells, he did great. He has been quite fascinated with the whole numb thing. He keeps saying he wants to brush his teeth to make it better. Great, go for it.

Now, for the confession. I always hear parents say that they would take their kids place to keep them from experiencing pain. Not today. Not me. I know, I am terrible. But, I really cannot stand getting shots in my mouth. I felt bad for him, really bad, really really bad, but I was glad it was not me. Is that terrible?

5 comments:

Jeremy said...

I'm glad you were the one getting a corn dog and not me!

Me - Jen said...

You know Costco has a mean frozen corndog, you could stock up and eat one everyday for the rest of your life. I think it is good for the blood pressure

BrianJ said...

I remember Jeremy standing in my parents' kitchen, eating a Clausen's dill pickle that he dipped in honey and sour cream. Who is he to question a corndog?!

Jeremy said...

How can you compare a delicasy like pickles and sour cream with those culinary monstrosities?

Lewis Family said...

I love the corndog confession! Shane loves hot dog on a stick but not for the corndogs--for the fried cheese on a stick...now that's a culinary monstrosity! LOL, Dixie