Friday, March 7, 2008

It's the little things...




Alright I know this is really silly, but I am having a great time with this blog thing. When I was cooking yesterday these were the three things I was really glad I had in my kitchen. For a moment I thought about taking a picture of all my favorite cooking tools, but I think I know where to draw the line. Well, you can be the judge of that I guess.

I love olive oil. I pretty much use it everytime I cook, with very very few exceptions. I really go through it fast, so Costco comes in quite handy for that.

I really don't like having to butter the bottom of a baking pan. I have always been using cooking spray, and then I discovered this cooking spray with flour for baking. It is so fabulous, the cakes just come right out with no sticking. Love it!

This Fall I made the switch to the digital timer. Wow, I just love it. It kind of sounds like the smoke alarm. The first time it went off everybody was in a panic running for the door including me. Now my kids just ignore it, so much for fire safety! I could never get my other timers to work just right, they would always just ring whenever they wanted to. I really hate it when my kitchen gadgets do their own thing. Which always seems to happen when the recipe just didn't turn out. Hmmmm.....

2 comments:

wendyrr said...

Molly, I'm totally with you on all of these. I also recently discovered the baking spray, and baking will never be the same. Love it, Love it

Emily S. said...

So happy to know about that cooking spray! I can't wait to use it.