Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What's in your Cart?

I LOVE to see what other people have in their shopping carts. I think it is fascinating to see what other people buy. Sometime I just want to go wander the grocery store and examine what people have in their carts. So many times when I am at the store I see people with things, and I just want to say, "What are you going to do with that? How do you eat that? Are you having a party? Can you teach me how to use that ingredient? Are all those Lean Cuisines really working? " Maybe there could be a reality show about this. I think I could be a really good host for that. Anybody have any connections out there? I always feel bad staring at other people's grocery carts. I try to be kind of discreet, but really I am dying to ask them about everything they are buying. Maybe I need to be a grocery store checkout girl. I would be just like that Saturday Night Live skit with the really annoying checkout worker at Target. Every time someone comes through her line she says, "Oooh, where did you get that? Was it on sale?" Then she runs off to go find it in the store and leaves the customer hanging at the checkout. That would be me.

7 comments:

Mom said...

I just raised you to be nosey, a chip off the ol block!

Lisa said...

Remind me not to go shopping when you're at the store!

Contessa Elegante said...

That's too funny! Maybe you should come up with one of those personality quizzes and people can figure out what type of personality they are by what they have in their shopping cart!

janellelee said...

hahahaha!!! i do the same thing...except mine is more negative.

WendyJ said...

Thanks for making me laugh today. I think I'm going to go crazy here in the land of no sun.

D-dawg said...

I totally judge people by what is in their cart. It's bad especially because I am buying only mediocre stuff myself. You must be a good cook. I see you have a recipe blog, I'm going to go check it out.

Emily S. said...

I totally do the same thing and am continually amazed at the strange combinations of things people buy.