Wednesday, June 4, 2008

It's a Shoe Thing

On Friday night we went to a Bishopric party, a small group of some friends from our church. We played a version of the newlywed game. Jeremy and I looked at each other with knowing, confident smiles. We were the champs at a Harvard Law School couples party when we had been married for two years. I mean seriously, we rocked. Well, not this time. This is just one of the questions that threw us off. The question was asked to the men, how many shoes do you think your wife has? Yes, finally I knew we would get this one. He knows how much I love shoes! Wrong!! His answer was 6. I said 15, knowing I probably had at least 20. He then proceeded to tease me because how could anyone have more than 6 shoes when they only have two feet?

Here are Jeremy's shoes. Current count is... 15.

Here are my shoes. Current count is... 28. This is actually a pretty sad collection of shoes. I think at least half of them are completely OUT. Oh well. I do really enjoy a good shoe.

11 comments:

Karen said...

Cute, it is fun to look at all of your shoes! Those red heels are to die for, except I would probably die trying to walk in them. The green boots are my favorite.

Jeremy said...

Hey, no fair! You are including as "shoes" what I would call "athletic equipment"
I.e., my biking shoes are really part of my bike. My snow-shoeing boots are pretty much just for that. My soccer shoes, obviously, are being preserved for the Hall of Fame someday. Flip-flops are for the beach. Running shoes count I suppose. And my indoor soccer shoes... well, I guess I wore those to work on casual Friday.

BrianJ said...

What?! No Chacos? Shame on you, Jeremy.

You know, Molly, a nice way for you to celebrate your "victory" over Jeremy would be to buy yourself a new pair of shoes.

MollyE said...

OH wait, I forgot to count the pair you are wearing today. That would be 16. Oh yeah.

Mom said...

Looks like a Shoe Store!!! I think we wear the same size shoe, can I come shopping next time I come to Meridian?

On my birthday, Aunt kathy played a game "how much do you know about Becky?" one of the ??? was how many socks does becky have in her drawer right now. Everyone guessed under 10, WRONG, try 50. You know me I hate to go barefoot, I am a sock person. When I get all my shoes out of storage, which by the way will be soon!) I can top 28 easily. come and see!!!!

Stacey said...

Oh yes, I've got a shoe thing too. I plan whole outfits based on what shoes I want to wear.

I have a pair of shoes that I think are so adorable, I want to put them on my dresser as a decoration, just so I can look at them!

Stacey said...

Oh yeah, I wanted to say too, looks like you have some really great shoes!

Let's play shoe store!

Juliana said...

so funny! Hey- I think we have some of the same shoes! I'm not kidding...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Cute shoes. That is totally my weakness too. I don't even want to count how many I have. Interesting that Jeremy thought you only needed six when he has how many? Oh, 16. By the way, I would definitely watch your reality shopping cart show. Just let me know when you are on.

Jenn S. said...

So funny! I need to ask Marc the same question and see what he says. I honestly think he has more than I do - he keeps shoes for a long time, where as I throw mine out often so that I can justify needing more. Hehe! ;)