Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Oh, I get it now

My family had six kids growing up, and I was second oldest. I have lots of memories of when my parents had my younger sister and brother because I was 10 and 14. I remember being embarrassed by some of the baby equipment they were still using for them. I especially remember the old falling apart carseat that was peeling everywhere and the old cribs that seemed to be a disaster waiting to happen. Well, this is the state of my baby equipment that my third boy is dealing with....

What can I say? Almost everything we own is broken or damaged. They just grow out of everything so fast, and I can't keep up. These boxes are holding up the crib because we lost the screws that hold it together in one of our moves. That carseat, well it speaks for itself. Do I care? NO! I am totally over it. Obviously. My sister Sally knows my new favorite motto to live by: Whatever, who cares!

7 comments:

Karen said...

Ok so the carseat and crib do not compare to the carseat in our car. The carseat was probably not up to safety standards at all and was being held together by duct tape. It got mom out of a ticket because the cop felt sorry for her. And the boxes holding your crib up are pretty funny, but lime green? Yours is better. I have always wondered what those boxes are there for. Thank goodness for blogging, now I know.

Sally said...

Oh molly I love it! but karen is right your carseat is a beauty compared to ours. I even remember how bad it was. it was gross. but whatever, who cares!

WendyJ said...

I can totally hear you saying that. Wow! Our second daughter has a motto. "It doesn't matter." We think this is from an FHE that backfired. Brian blogged about it awhile ago. It was a Martin Luther King inspired FHE about how it doesn't matter what you look like, or what you wear etc. So now when I ask her at 4PM when she's going to get dressed, the reply, "It doesn't matter what I wear." Hard to argue with that logic.

Mom said...

That good ol saying, never judge a mom until you have as many kids as she had, or I mean never judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes.

Give Molly 3 more kids then we will see how bad it gets . . .

Stacey said...

Compared to the car seats these days, that old car seat seemed like a high chair or something that you put in the car.

Karen said...

Mom brings up a good point. I wonder what the crib and carseat will look like after three more matthews.

Me - Jen said...

Yes I understand all to well. This is why my child is wearing a pink life jacket at the pool.