Thursday, June 26, 2008

My 2nd biggest fear

A few years ago I came out of a grocery store with my two little ones in the cart and lots of groceries. I was heading toward my car in the middle of the street when a bee approached me. I pushed the cart out into the middle of the road and started running and doing the crazy arm flapping dance. The cart really took off since it was pretty loaded down. I saw this happening, but I couldn't do anything because there was a bee buzzing around my face! This is when I realized I have a real problem. I had always assumed when I became a Mom I would do anything to protect them, but I guess not. When it comes to bees, it is every man for himself (ok, and when it comes to the dentist). I felt horrible after this incident and vowed never to do that again. But, the fear has taken over. Since that incident several times while pushing my kids in the stroller for a nice walk a bee has approached me. What have I done? That's right, pushed the stroller and ran down the road like a mad woman. I totally abandon my children for a bee. This is a crazy, senseless fear. Or is it? I mean they do have stingers, and some people can actually die from a bee sting. And sometimes they come out of nowhere and attack, am I right Karen? Also, there are A LOT of bees around my house. Well, actually they are wasps, but all the same to me. If you are judging me, you just don't understand. Coming soon, my number one fear...

9 comments:

Stacey said...

Hmm, maybe we should all guess what your number one fear is, dogs?

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Troy used to be deathly allergic to honey bees, so I'm right there with you. Just think of it this way, you would be no use to your children if you died from a bee sting. As for #1 fear...a world with no chocolate?

BrianJ said...

Well, I can sure guess what is NOT your #1 fear: having your children stung by a bee.

Danna said...

I feel the exact same way about SPIDERS!!! I'm really interested to find out your #1 fear now.

Jeremy said...

Bears!

Karen said...

I am deathly of afarid of dogs and bees and I let everyone know. Haylee and I have already experienced the going on a walk and bee approaches story. I push the stroller in the street and take off running. I guess I got that from you. I concur with all that you said about bees and wish you the best of luck with them this summer.

tyler family said...

I have to totally agree with you on this one. It is sad to admit that I would probably do the same thing as you did. Growing up I always remember bees wanting to fly around my face and crying while everyone was chanting 'hold still'.....not fun. My Mom always said it was because I was so sweet, but I think she was lying:) So....the bees must love you because you A. Are so sweet or B. They know you are afraid and want to give all their bee friends a good laugh.

Amanda said...

Molly, I just love reading your blog. You are so funny! Can't wait to hear the #1 fear.

barlows said...

Molly! I didn't even know you had this blog, but I figured I should be commenting on something when you wrote what you did on my "WHY blog" post. I have been missing out! I kept linking onto the food blog and I had nothing of use to add there! Of course, I've been back reading and you are cracking me up! I'll be adding you to my google reader so I can know when you post. AND your boys are DARLING!