Friday, June 20, 2008

Another ice cream thought

What is up with this ice cream? You see what it says on there? No Sugar Added. What??? Why??? What is the point? It tastes really creamy and fatty, but completely bland and almost tasteless. I was even eating it with Nestle quick chocolate mix in it because I never eat just plain vanilla (I am just not a vanilla girl, you know what I mean?) and it still tasted awful! Of course I just kept eating the whole bowl trying to figure out what was wrong with this ice cream. Then I had to get the carton back out and there it was, no sugar added. What a joke! Maybe this serves some purpose out there, but really if you are that desperate to cut sugar from your diet you shouldn't be eating ice cream either. Right? Whatever!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Okay, now turn it around and read under the ingredient list on the back:

"Sensitive individuals may experience a laxative effect from excess consumption..."

We only keep that crappy ice cream in our house for my diabetic grandmother. Hopefully she's not one of those "sensitive individuals" :) Oh, and the kids don't taste the difference either.

Rachel said...

One word: diabetes. I used to curse the sugar free candy in the candy aisle, too, until I realized that our diabetic friends might really like it!

That said, I HATE looking for ice cream these days because the shelves are all mucked up with "low-fat," "no sugar," variants and all I want is normal vanilla. It takes a ridiculous amount of concentration to find the right standard vanilla. Help!

Emily S. said...

Good to know! I have always wondered about this ice cream