Monday, April 28, 2008

Tiptoe in the Tulips

I am so excited for my first tulips!! I am quite pleased except for that one super tall yellow one. It is like this one giant tulip that had to be taller than all the rest. What is up with that? It really bugs me! I think this might be something from my childhood coming out...

Every Spring I get so excited to see the tulips, but now also sad too. Tulips remind me of my Grandma Ricks. One year my family went to my grandparents house and planted about 80 tulips for her birthday in the Fall. Then the next couple of years we would always get reports on the tulips. It just makes me so sad that I will not get my tulip report anymore. I hope my Grandpa can still see them and think of her as I do every time I see the tulips in the Spring.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Whats up with your grass?
Totally kidding, your yard looks beautiful!

Stacey said...

Ooh, it looks so sunny and nice there! We keep getting teased here in Oregon!