Friday, September 25, 2009

Decisions

I have talked before about how I hate making decisions! It is one of my least favorite things as a Mom, all the decisions I have to make not only for myself but for all my boys. There is just constant pressure, and guilt, and stress. These past few weeks I have made some decisions and have not looked back. I am in decisive mode, and it feels great. Here are a few.

I am not going to wear THOSE pants anymore. They are too tight and it is time to bust out the maternity clothes.

We said goodbye to Karate and piano for a season. Spencer is doing scouts and Sam is doing soccer. That is all this family can handle right now, and that is great. This turned out to be such a great decision because their new school is very demanding academically.

Spencer's eye doctor was pressuring us to do surgery again this Fall. No, we are waiting until at least Spring. Easy decision, feels great.

I am painting the baby's room blue. Baby blue is completely banned. We are going for a dark royal blue. I have never painted a baby room before. This baby will feel super special.

I do not prefer double stuffed oreos. I like the cookie to cream ratio in the original oreo. This has taken years of careful reasearch, and I am completely happy with my decision to avoid the double stuffed oreo from now on.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Have you decided about the seasonally flavored Oreo's yet? Sometimes I love those minty ones, but they definitely mess up the classic Oreo taste. Please post what you've concluded.

Karen said...

I just tried to golden oreos the other day and they were so yummy. I can't believe I have avoided them for so long. I hate making decisions too. It's tough deciding if I should go to target today or tommorow. So I usually choose both days. I can't wait to paint Haylee's room pink. Someday I will be able to paint walls in my very own house.

Jonah said...

I only buy the regular oreos for emotional guilt purposes...however, I have to disagree...double stuff is really the way to go.

Kjerstin Evans Ballard said...

Love love love the post. Decisiveness (like competence) is soo appealing.

I love orange halloween oreos for no good reason.

Happy week to you!

Angie Miller said...

Cougar blue?

Kathy said...

How did you do it? I'm so bad at making decisions. I make them over and over, which I guess means I never made them in the first place! Way to go. You're an inspiration.

PS Double stuff all the way!

WendyJ said...

You're such a good mom, and you definitely made the right decision about Jeremy's birthday present.