Thursday, September 3, 2009

Bus Drama: Day 4

Yesterday I drilled Spencer for the 100th time what he needed to do when the bus arrived at school. This time he said, "Mom, you get off the bus and run as fast as you can."

Yep, that pretty much sums up my boys bus experience so far. They are both riding the bus for the first time. Every day their bus has been late, late for picking them up, late arriving at school. Their bus is the last bus to arrive at the school, and so far has always arrived after the bell rings. Of course I know all of this because I have been stalking my boys and their bus in the morning. I didn't know I should have been doing sprint training with my boys leading up to school, but that is pretty much what has been going on. They are usually locked out of their classrooms, and that is what they are racing to avoid. Today I didn't go to the school. It was hard for me. Spencer stopped wanting me there after the first day and pretended not to see me, which was adorable. Sam had requested my help the last two days, but insisted he could do it by himself this morning. Hope they are not still standing outside the building!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Sounds like everything is going great! I'm glad your boys are learning to go with the flow and deal with life and all its imperfections. Perfect!

Lisa said...

Scary!!!! How'd they do?