Thursday, September 17, 2009

From Babe to Baby

Jeremy turned 35 last week. Wow, time flies. I have to say, he is a total hottie! The Fall time always makes me reminisce about our first meeting. We lived in the same apartment complex at BYU. I had just moved in and there was a knock at the door. I answered the door, and there he was, my future husband. Under some church membership calling guise, he was going around meeting all of the girls. Hilarious. But, we totally fell for it. Well, at least two of my roommates fell for him that is. I like to think that we did not start dating right away because he was so blown away by my beauty that he had to take a few months to get up the courage. Anyway, by Winter semester we were great friends, hanging out quite a bit without a whiff of romance in the air. I like to think there must have been some great reason why we needed to be in each other's lives that year, but from a distance. I remember him getting accepted to Harvard, and my parents trying to convince me I should try and be more than just friends with him. No way, we are just great pals. Then Spring term rolls around, and Jeremy and I along with two other people in complete denial of their future together end up spending every possible moment we were not at work together. I started to notice whenever we were in the same room together we had to be next to each other, had to have a little physical contact. The addiction had begun. After about a month of that, we fell completely head over heels. We just looked at each other one day and knew we had to be together or we would just die. Okay, maybe that was me, but I think he felt it too. He was kind of dramatic back in those days too! Wow, what a journey we have taken together so far. And however cliche, he still is my BFF!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

This is a super romantic post! I love the way you tell the story! This is just a perfect post to follow your "Princess" Post....we learn how you fell in love with Prince Charming!

Karen said...

A great love story is always good to hear. I'm in the middle of planning my lesson on Sunday. Topic: dating
audience: 12 and 13 year olds
problem: They think boys are disgusting and can't date anyways
solution: just tell a bunch of cute love storys. Can I use this post?

BrianJ said...

"...two other people in complete denial of their future together..."

Shout out!!!

Nice post, Molly.

WendyJ said...

Those were some of the best memories!! I remember thinking at your reception that to wait a few more weeks till my own wedding was pure torture. So fun that we fell in love with those boys at the same time. Good stuff.

Jonah said...

back in those days?! You are my favorite Drama Queen right now!!!