Wednesday, May 14, 2008

my pig had no ears

I just remembered this little moment, and thought I would share. Jeremy and I were in a marriage and family relations sunday school class a couple of years ago. Our teacher started the lesson by handing everyone a blank sheet of white paper. He asked everyone to draw a pig on their paper, and that was the only instruction he gave. After everybody did that, he then went on to explain what our drawings meant. Here are the two things I remember from that day. First of all he explained that if your pig was drawn at the top of the page that means you are an optimist. If your pig was drawn in the middle of the page that means you are a realist. If your pig was drawn at the bottom of the page that means that you are a pessimist. My little pig was drawn as far down on the paper as it could go. Hmmmm, I knew this class was going to be bad anyway. Then the teacher told us to look at the ears we drew on our pigs. The size of the ears would tell how good we are at listening. The bigger ears, the better listener. Well, my pig had no ears. Did you hear me? My pig had NO EARS!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

That's quite funny. I can't even picture what a pig's ears would look like, though.

BrianJ said...

Molly, I've been trying to warn you about this for years....

Stacey said...

That's funny. I love your posts, they are so funny and entertaining. You've got some great writing skills!

Lisa said...

I LOVE it!

Karen said...

Okay so Weston and I were with you guys in class that day. I totally remember the teacher saying look at your pigs ears. You had nothing to look at and it was hilarious!!! Classic. Do you think you are a good listener?

Lewis Family said...

Molly, for some reason this post really made me miss you! Love you and your sense of humor. Three cheers for the pig on the bottom with no ears! XOXO, Dixie