Friday, August 1, 2008

Spencer's favorite job

Vacuuming with the hose. Why? Because he tries to vacuum up anything and everything that should not be vacuumed. Apparently this is a real treat getting to use the hose, and I only let him on special occasions. I think "special occasion" usually means I am so fed up with the garbage all over my house I don't care what disappears. This time I actually caught him shoving the vacuum hose into his toy hoping to suction out something exciting. The best are the giggles I hear when he gets something big like a sock or something. I can't help it, the laughter is worth digging through the bag when he is done. So, if he vacuums his room properly, he gets to use the hose as a special treat. Pretty good rewards around here, huh? Come on over!

7 comments:

BrianJ said...

Well, you never mentioned this option while we were there. I'm offended!

It's funny what kids like and don't---you'd think all chores would be...well, a chore. But AE likes to put away toys and SG loves to clean windows and mirrors and to bring in groceries from the car. RR loves to throw trash away and put dirty dishes in the sink. So weird.

Katie said...

Come on over????, I'm likely to loose my shoes to the vacuum.

I think he vacuumed something of Tate's one time.
Tate kept trying to tell me where his missing thing was, and I didn't believe him until I saw Spencer vacuuming everything up.

Hilarious

Karen said...

Haylee is my vacuum right now. She's eats everything off the floor. Her and spencer would make a good cleaning team.

Rachel said...

Lucas likes vacuuming and he LOVES money. And a quarter still goes a long way. So my kitchen floor has been clean lately! My favorite part is that not only does he vacuum, he also puts the vacuum away, when reminded. Nice.

janellelee said...

i think vacuuming is my favorite chore. my kids are slightly afraid of the hose, which is partially my fault. i tell them i will suck off their toes if they dont help me pick up.

Jonah said...

he would love my central vac! All my kids LOVE to vacuum because of the sound it makes. I think they purposely dump stuff on the floor just so they can suck it up!

Me - Jen said...

Isn't Spencer to young to have chores? Just kidding, that is adam's excuse. Breaking dawn I need a full report in the girls locker room after gym class and really like the green family room. I am trying to think what room needs a painting so I can use it!!