Friday, August 8, 2008

Olympics

I love the Olympics!! My favorite is the commentary. Those people say some of the most ridiculous things ever. I am absolutely riveted to hear what is going to come out of their mouths next. Another favorite, focusing solely on U.S. athletes even when they are doing completely terrible. For some reason NBC thinks we don't care about the winners if they are not from the U.S. This drives me nuts. I remember one year the men's gymnastic team was doing absolutely awful. Everybody was falling and making a mess of things. I think they were in last place. NBC just could not move away from it. They never even showed the medalists routines. Oh, and rhythmic gymnastics. Hilarious. The trampoline and the ribbon twirling. Love it because watching that makes you feel like you too can be an Olympian, which you can if you put in a good two weeks training on the neighbors trampoline. I love these two weeks every two years because Jeremy and I have an absolute blast together watching them. Besides the amazing athleticism, there is lots of good humor and fun. Enjoy everybody!

6 comments:

Karen said...

I am so excited to watch the olympics!!!!!! I've been counting down all summer. My watching partner will be haylee but I'm sure she will love watching gymnastics. And just about when they are ending the Hills starts. What a great rest of the summer.

Heidi said...

I had forgotten how biased the coverage will be. That will definitely be added entertainment. Do your neighbors have a trampoline? Maybe we'll see you competing next time.

Rachel said...

I have always wondered what Olympic coverage is like in other countries. Would I even relate to Swedish coverage? Would they even mention the American athletes? Not so much at the summer games, because we usually rock. But winter games: we have never been the strongest in cross-country skiing, have we? Isn't it always the Russians or Finns?

Amanda said...

I agree on everything! We are excited to watch the olympics on Eurosport TV to see what it is like.

janellelee said...

i think i am the only american that does not really get into the olympics. michael was watching the opening ceremonies and he said "janelle, you gotta come see this!!!!"
i said, "ehhh"

Karen said...

Molly my phone broke and I can't even use it but I just had to tell you to watch the girls gymnastics tonight. Holy Cow I wish I could be there watching it with you. It's a real treat!! hahahah, I can hear some of your comments in my head and us laughing like crazy