Monday, March 21, 2011

It's a Monday

So Matthew was in the shower last night. I walked by and heard him belting out "I'll catch a grenade for ya. Put my hand on a blade for ya." Do you know the song? Bad parenting, or totally awesome parenting?

I was at Fred Meyer today grocery shopping sans kids. At the checkout the clerk casually asks me, "Do you have any plans later?" I gave him a blank stare. "Are you doing anything fun the rest of the day?" Ummmm, no was my answer. That was so weird. Am I supposed to have fun plans later on a Monday afternoon? I guess I should have told him all of my real fun plans. I am hoping to make it home in time to unload the groceries and scrub two toilets before my kids get home from school. Then I am going to do homework and make dinner all with a baby attached to my leg. Does that sound fun? Do you think he was asking me out? Ha, ha, ha!!!! Now that would be fun-ny!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Uh, I think I'm a really bad aunt and haylee might be a bad example because that is haylee's favorite song and sings it all day long.

Stacey said...

I hope they'll sing it for me, I want to hear it! At least it's about serving others!

WendyJ said...

You've still got it babe!! Go get em Tiger Mama!!!

Marianne said...

So funny! I've been asked the same question at the store (probably Fred Meyer) and it always sounds so dumb to me that I just end up stammering out a lame reponse. I mean, come on, do I LOOK like I'm going to do something fun? haha!