Thursday, March 3, 2011

Another Book

I just finished this book, and I thought I should throw this one out there too. This book is really three stories in one because he was an Olympic athlete, a plane crash survivor, and a pow in Japan during WWII. The book was riveting, but I have to warn you. It was one of the most brutal POW stories I have ever read. It was extremely detailed and unsettling. At one point I only kept going because I had to get through it and make sure he would come out the other side.

Oh, and I only like stories with good endings. They don't end up together, one of them dies, they both die?? Don't even think about recommending one of those stories to me. One place in my life I am a true optimist is in my book and movie choices. And this book has it right on the cover. Survival, Resilience, and Redemption. Perfect.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Oh I'm so glad you read this too! Parts were brutal, but the story was so incredible, I just had to keep reading nonstop so I could find out what happened to him. It ended being very inspiring.