Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sisters

I feel so lucky to have so many wonderful sisters in my life. Since they are really the most loyal and consistent readers of my blog I thought I would give them a shout out. This is Katie. She is the oldest sister. Exactly two years older than me because we share the same birthday! Katie has always been there for me. Katie has the biggest heart and wants to help everyone around her. She is hands down the most creative and fun mom you will ever meet. And I know a lot of moms. And she beats them all. Seriously. Katie is a fixer and loving and doesn't care if she looks silly. She just loves life.

Stacey is the sister just younger than me. The creative and artistic genes skipped right over me and landed on her. She is a total babe and is really good at doing creative things with her hair. Stacey is a strong independent woman who can accomplish goals like nobody's business. She has a killer sense of humor and is really good at organizing parties and games, definitely the one you want to hang out with at the party. She is also very good with Spencer, which has been a gift.

Karen is the fourth girl in the family. My mom used to call her the sunshine girl. Because that is what she is. She brings happiness and light into every room she enters. She is tons of fun and really fashionable. Karen is really good at making friends. She is good at remembering birthdays and sending cute cards she has made. Karen is generous and giving and wants to make sure people around her are happy.


Sally is the youngest girl in the bunch. We are almost exactly 10 years apart. I cannot imagine our family without Sally because she is the cutest and most kind person. She loves all of her nieces and nephews, and they love her. She is really good with children, and will be the best elementary teacher this year! Sally is easy going and always willing to lend a hand with my crazy life.

9 comments:

Karen said...

Well this is hands down the best post you have ever done!!! Hahaha just kidding but really you made me cry. And not just because I'm a hormonal emotional wreck because I"m trying to shed all these crazy pregnancy hormones but because my husband has aged so much since that picture. That was taken right after Haylee was born so i guess having children has really taken a toll on him. Thanks for the shout out.

Katie said...

I'm not going to cry. . .I'm not going to cry.


Okay, you made me cry.
Because I do have crazy pg hormones in me and
Weston has aged. (Just kidding Karen, he looks just the same to me!)

Simply because you are my wonderful sister and all these other great gals are my sisters. WOW! We are all very lucky. Thank you again and again for such nice post.

Can't wait for triple Dub Weekend!
Wahooo!

Sally said...

Thanks for this post! So nice! I love it! So glad we have each other!

Where did you get that picture of me?

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Even though I'm not a sister, I'm still going to comment. That was nice to hear all about your sisters. I feel like it's been 10 years since I've seen them...I think it has actually been that long. You guys are all so beautiful. How lucky to have so many sisters. So where did all your boys come from???

Laura said...

Fun post and cute pictures....aren't sisters awesome?

Stacey said...

Thank you Molly! We love you too! This comment section isn't long enough to write all the the great things that make you an amazing sister and person!

Lisa said...

I always wanted a sister...... :)

Emily S. said...

I didn't know you had so many sisters! They are darling. You are one lucky sister :-)

Kathy said...

What beautiful and true tributes! And to think I'm related to all that talent....