Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Another year older

Well, I had a birthday last week. Thanks for all the birthday love from friends and family. I am still enjoying all the treats, and my scale does not thank you. I am dreading my OB visit next week. Will he accept, I'm sorry it was my birthday? Oops. Anyway, now I am 32. Here are some things you might not know about me.

I am really good at racquetball.
I love Indian food.
I love purses and want to buy one every day.
I don't like the shape of my face.
I am a little claustrophobic.
I must have my toenails painted at all times.
I attended Boston University for 3 semesters.
I blast music and dance in my kitchen while doing dishes.

I would also like to share some thoughts about being in my thirties. I know I am just getting started, but so far, not that great. I've heard people talk about their thirties like they are the best. I keep waiting. Really I just miss my twenties. I feel like I am supposed to be older and wiser and make mature decisions. I feel young and dumb and I just don't want all that responsibility. I feel like because I am in my thirties with this getting bigger by the second family I am supposed to know what I am doing. I don't. I don't know what I am doing at all. I hope this does not last for an entire decade. I guess by the end of my thirties we will be well into the teenage years. See what I am saying? Terrifying!

5 comments:

Lewis Family said...

Happy Birthday Girl! You really are young at heart... and always will be. That's why you are so loveable.

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Happy Birthday Molly!!! I do remember you being good at raquetball. I miss that sport. Didn't know about the purses. You deserve a little girliness.

Danna said...

Happy late b-day, Molly! Wasn't it on the 8th? I don't know why I remember that still. I feel the same way about my 30's, except now I feel better because I'm younger that you--hee hee, J/K! My 32 comes next month! P.S.--No wonder we are still kindred spirits (via computer) after all these yrs.--I heart Indian food, purses, painted toenails, hate my face shape, and should be blasting music while doing dishes to make it less monotonous. Have a great 32nd year!

Janis said...

I still don't know what I'm doing! Now that's terrifying!
Love ya!!

Angie Miller said...

I know this is late, but I SWEAR I was thinking of you on your birthday.

And I love the shape of your face.