Saturday, May 9, 2009

Who's Day is it?

I have been kind of feeling weird about Mother's Day. There are just too many people that need to be celebrated. I think this is supposed to be my day, but what about my Mom? What about my sisters who are moms? What about Jeremy's Mom? What about all of my friends, grandparents, aunts, etc.? I have been wondering just who this day is supposed to be special for if we are all supposed to be taking care of each other. Yesterday I overheard this conversation, and then I knew the whole thing is completely out of control.

Sam was talking to his friend across the street, a girl that is his same age. I heard him say, Hey Annabel, Happy Mother's Day! To which she politely and excitedly responded, Thank you very much. Then he said, I am going to go make you card, and ran inside.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I haven't figured it out either, but thanks for the chocolates you sent me!!!! MOM

Katie said...

Great point about mother's day.

Happy Mother's Day, I have lots to gush to you about but will save it for a card or email.

Lisa said...

Okay, what are those kids up to REALLY? Maybe a little closer supervision is in order!!! I feel the same way. Someone somwhere just needs to put their foot down and say enough is enough already! There's not the same fuss about Father's Day!

Karen said...

Oh my gosh that is so funny. I loved when you made this point when I was there. I have never thought of it that way before. I think it's just purely to honor your own mother. I look up to so many woman who are great moms and I'll tell them another day.