Tuesday, January 13, 2009

You think your Diet is Hard?

We are going Gluten Free/Casein Free here pretty soon. Basically that means Dairy Free/Wheat Free. Basically that means anything and everything that we eat here at every meal is being thrown out. This is something I have been wanting to do for a couple of years. Then I got kind of serious about it in the summer, meaning I thought about it more and got books from the library. Now I am REALLY serious, meaning I have actually bought the books and started trying to incorporate new foods into our daily eating. What a pain!!! If anybody knows anything about this diet and would like to share, feel free. It will definitely be an adventure, and hopefully will make a difference in our son's life! Happy Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Food I Love Free New Year!

10 comments:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

My friend has ciliac and had to be on a totaly gluten-free diet. I'll check with her. Hope it helps. Good luck.

Me - Jen said...

What, huh, when? How? Detail Molly, details!!

Jeremy said...

What, huh, when? We are?!

BrianJ said...

Are you jumping right into it or incorporating a few new gluten/casein-free foods each week? We have several friends/family that do this diet (not that we know anything about it).

tyler family said...

Hey Molly,
Natalie Bradshaw is doing that too. Do you have her email address? She is is Seattle now, but would be an awesome resource. I think I have your email and I'll forward her address over to you. Fun times at the Evans' house!
Linz

Lisa said...

Yeah, welcome to BLAH food! Remind me not to accept any of your dinner invites! HA! :)

Rebecca said...

Does this diet include M & M's and all other chocolate?

Contessa Elegante said...

I have a friend who has a son with tons of food allergies. Here's her blog address: http://foodmakeshimsick.blogspot.com/
She doesn't feed him anything with gluten, casein, soy, egg, or yeast. I know she's got some recipes, but I don't know how good they are. Hopefully it helps a little.

Angie Miller said...

You know, it gets easier after about 6 months. If you can do it that long, you kind of forget what chocolate tastes like.

I make smoothies with coconut milk - very tasty!

Jenn S. said...

My friend has a bunch of gluten-free recipes on her website http://killthegluten.blogspot.com

Good luck!