Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Lookout

When your five-year old says that he wants to play a new game in the car called lets try and find a police car, don't do it! It sounded like a fun idea, sure keep your eye out for a police car, great idea. Then your drive to the grocery store becomes a nightmare.

Sam: Mom there is a police car. He is coming to get you.

Me: What?? Hit the brakes, look around.

Sam: Oh no, that wasn't a police car.

2 seconds later

Sam: Here comes the police car, I see it!

Me: What?? Where?? Is it behind me?

Sam: Oops, that was not a police car.

Not a good game at all, and it has been going on for 2 days. Now my boys think I am scared of cops. And I think they might be right.

6 comments:

BrianJ said...

Well I think you should be scared of cops. At least those that patrol parks in Orem....

Heidi said...

Too funny. I thought it sounded like a fun new game but I'm sure I would be the same way.

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

That's a terrible game. Even if I'm not speeding, it is always my natural reaction to hit the brakes when I see a cop.

Anonymous said...

I think DBSI might need Sam's help keeping an eye out for the fuzz.
http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/stories/2009/01/12/daily60.html

Anonymous said...

I think you'd better send Sam to Oregon, Weston needs him!

Karen said...

Ya seriously! Please send sam our way. Two tickets since we've been in oregon. This stupid state is now 500 bucks richer because of my sweet husband who drives recklessly! One was just yesterday so I"m still a little mad about it.