Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hello

Well, I really have nothing to blog about. Life has been busy and stressful and crazy, but really boring. You know what I mean?

The diet update. This is now week 2 of our gluten free/dairy free diet. It has been going well I think. I made chocolate chip cookies that turned out pretty decent, and I am hoping to try pizza crust soon. Nobody has been complaining, which has been great. We have eaten out once at Red Robin which had a gluten free menu. The one thing Jeremy and I have really been craving is cheese. Last weekend for our date we both really enjoyed cheesy pasta, something I wouldn't usually order. In case some of you are wondering, we are really on this diet for our son Spencer. So, the rest of us cheat now and then. Does that sound bad? It really has worked out well so far. This whole thing is definitely evolving as we go along. For two of my favorite food finds click here.

Karate is still going great for Sam. He chopped a board with his hand last week! They have these boards that come apart, so it is a big confidence thing. He loves it. Matthew is just a crazy kid. He asked me to call him Gummy Bear. So now I just call him G.B. for short.

Thank goodness January is ending. January is always about survival for me, and this one more than most. I decided to not even think about my resolutions until this month is over. Who needs another reason to feel bad about yourself? But love month is coming and I know that spring is around the corner. Three more days....

4 comments:

Katie said...

Gummy Bear was great. Where did he come up with that? Thanks for posting today.

Stacey said...

Yeah, I wish that I could hang out with Matthew just so I could call him gummy bear. Sounds like Sam is having fun, I wish I could break some of those boards.

Karen said...

Gummy Bear is cracking me up!!!! I"m laughing out loud. I'm pretty sure you win the award for getting people to laugh out loud the most on your blog.

Sally said...

yeah i agree with karen! where did gummy bear come from? i'm excited for january to be over too. i'm definitely ready for spring.