Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My Inspiring Moments

It's a Wonderful Life Can I tell you how much I love this movie? This is a must see for me every year, and has one of my favorite movie lines of all time. "You call this a happy family? Why do we have to have all of these kids?" I know, not one of the classic lines from the movie, but I bust a gut every time I hear it. Also, feel good movie of my life. I can't even explain it, when all his friends charge into the house and pour the money on the table I lose it every time. "No man is a failure who has friends." And hello, did you see the phone kiss scene? And Mary gives away her honeymoon money and moves into an abandoned house and fixes it up over YEARS and YEARS? Wow, that is inspiration right there. Watch it, Love it.

Random Treats

I am always humbled and amazed by the random treats that will show up at my door. From people I know are struggling themselves, from people who I should be taking a treat to. That is the true spirit of Christmas to me, and I am in awe. Take a treat to somebody this year that would never expect it. Make their day!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I lost it just reading your post about that movie. What a classic.

Jeremy said...

Fun quotes: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0038650/quotes

Karen said...

yay for treats! when am I going to start getting treats delivered to me? So I'm your personal weather girl, I just watched the news and we are suppossed to get lots of snow saturday, ice sunday and rain mon thru christmas. I hate to say it because I want you guys to come sat but maybe mon would be the best travel wise. I don't know, tough call. It could always change.

Rebecca said...

I wish you had waited to watch it with me!!! We could have blubbered through it together . . . It is a wonderful life isn't it?