Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Corn




So, in case you noticed I got a little behind on my blogging. Everything got crazy when school started, but I feel like we are finally settling into our routines. Except here come the holidays, so whatever. Anyway, the other excuse is that my computer lost it's ability to download pictures from a memory stick thingy and we can't find the plug for our camera to do it that way. But Jeremy finally tackled the problem for me, and there you go. Now I have a few blog posts I want to get out of the way. We did not have onions in "our" field this year. Whew. They planted corn, which was lovely. Although they still haven't harvested it and now it all looks dead. The whole situation has become down right perplexing. Jeremy thinks they are growing popcorn. What do you think? Is that how we get popcorn, they grow it? That seems very strange to me.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Ahh, all that corn makes me miss Idaho. Have you heard of "corn topping"? Ask some Idahoan farmer about it. It could be a great way for your sons to build character in the teen years.
What is Sam doing in over in the corner? Is he peeing?

Katie said...

I love this corn mystery.

Yes, how do they grow popcorn?

Lisa said...

Good thing you have a fence there keeping all the corn children out!

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy said...

Ha,ha I had a misspell on my first attempt. Now I think I'm having a misspell of the word misspell!

The corn is probably for animal feed. Most of the world's corn goes to animals.

And I think it looks very pretty!!!

Karen said...

Yup it's for the animals of Boise to chow on. That's what my rancher hubby told me.