Sunday, November 27, 2011

Northwest Tour



What did we do for Thanksgiving? We got rained on, a lot. I mean, a lot. And it was the BEST week!! We had so much fun on our Northwest Thanksgiving Tour Week. First we headed to Portland, and the boys decided to play outside despite the constant downpour. The boys had fun with their grandparents and fabulous Aunt Stacey. Then we headed to Seattle for Thanksgiving with our friends the J family. They have four girls. We are a perfect match, obviously. They were amazing hosts, and we had so much fun and stayed up way too late. We had one glorious sunny day in Seattle and got to hit the downtown and ride on the ferry. We also made it to the aquarium. This past summer Jeremy and I drove 16 hours to Seattle in a 24 hour period to hit the U2 concert. I decided I really wanted to take my kids to this fantastic city and added it to my bucket list. Cross that off, we did it!! Rain, Schmain, we don't care. Thank you to both cities and households that hosted us, we couldn't have had a better week!

2 comments:

Karen said...

How fun!! I"m so glad you it all worked out rain or shine. In this case mostly rain I guess!! I went to Kohls the other day. I almost cried. It just seems like I should only be going to Kohls with you.

WendyJ said...

Good times!! We loved having your family for Turkey day. You are welcome any time. I'm almost caught up on my sleep, seriously I haven't played that many games in the last 5 yrs. put together.