Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Peaches

I am still catching up on some old blog posts I meant to do. Sometime during the summer I canned peaches. We took the whole family to the peach orchard for a nice family outing. We hit the Jackpot because the farm had just finished picking, and they said we could go glean whatever was left on the trees or ground. I became a crazy peach lady. Free peaches? I went totally nuts. The boys were done after about 10 minutes, but I could not walk away. I only brought a box or two, and they were falling apart because I overloaded them. I just started filling my shirt and carting them to the car and dumping them in the truck. Jeremy kept trying to get me to leave. Probably because of the whole filling my shirt thing which was pretty embarassing. But how could I? There were these lovely peaches they had left on the trees, but you had to climb pretty far to get one lone peach left there. Jeremy and I were climbing trees and the boys climbed some too. Not safely. It was weird, dangerous dangling, monkeys should only do this, climbing. It was great fun. When I finally got the resolve to leave, I kept making Jeremy stop the car as we drove away. "Wait, I see one more. Stooop!" He would stop(love him!), and I would run over and start grabbing again. Can you believe I hate shopping at Ross? I should love that place after this behavior!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I needed a good laugh today. Thanks! You're awesome.

Karen said...

Ohhhhh let's go to Ross sometime before I move. Ive been wanting to and picturing you swinging from racks sounds like fun!

Kathy said...

LOVE this post!! Maybe it's because I can totally picture myself doing the same thing! They look SO YUMMY!

Lisa said...

It reminds me of that song. You know, the one about peaches.

"Millions of peaches peaches for me
Millions of peaches peaches for free"

This should be your song.