Thursday, May 12, 2011

Summer Planning

So, now that I got that last post off my chest, I can now tell you why I am going to win Mother of the Year this summer. I think I've talked about winning this award before. What can I say? I am in the running a lot.

I started dreaming about my summer months ago, I go between being terrified and super excited. Obviously we are going to need a game plan. Now I am starting to think that I have already over planned and we haven't even started yet! Here are some of the things on my list. What are your summer plans?

Library Day - never tried those summer reading programs, I think it is time to try.
Piano lessons - I am going to start teaching Spencer and Sam, neither want to.
Swimming - We are going to the pool every day, of course.
Camping - Lots of it.
Doctor Appts. - Lots of them.
Quiet time every day - I am going to "tutor" the older boys while the babe is sleeping.
Gardening - So excited to try strawberries and lettuce this year.
Parks - Lots of them
Bike Rides - If we get our flats fixed
Trips to Oregon and Utah
Park City Vacation - so excited for this!
U2 concert in Seattle - Oh yeah!
Chores - Bring on the charts!
Tans and Buzz haircuts
Sam's Baptism - what another one???

6 comments:

Karen said...

my summer plans include counting down the days that I get to leave Arkansas!!! hahahah fun huh :)

Katie said...

I'm most excited about your quiet time!

Can't wait for your mid July summer report!

I'm just terrified for my summer- no super excitement for me this year.

Rachel said...

Almost all this stuff sounds just like our summer... except I try to avoid Gardening and Camping.

We are even seeing U2 this month here in Utah. We'll have to compare notes!

Lisa said...

Nooo! You forgot the part about entertaining the neighbor kids!!! Of course that would put you in the running for the friend of the year award :)

WendyJ said...

We need to plan our day together. Brian's b'day is the 5th, so i thought it would be fun to go out and celebrate w/you guys b4 the concert.

I didn't see hosting the Joneses on their way to UT on the list, but I'm sure it was just an innocent over-sight, and something you are just counting down the days to.

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

I just got back from U2 in Denver- it was fantastic! Sounds like you have a fun summer lined up!