Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Moms Bomb

I need a break. A serious break. Unfortunately, this is not going to happen. I need more than a night out or a even a weekend. A year would be good.

I had a bad Mother's Day. Mostly it was my bad attitude, so don't feel sorry for me. I've been having trouble the past few months finding the joy in being a mother. Then yesterday my Mom and I had a great laugh about how ridiculous mothering can really be. We were both giggling so hard neither of us could get a word out. It felt so great! Most of all I am grateful for a Mom who allowed me to talk to her about how much mother's day stinks instead of telling her how great she is. That was her gift to me, listening, laughing, and loving me for hating our special day.

6 comments:

Jana said...

I need a break too. It is hard to be a Mom. I hope you are doing good. It's fun to see your blog.

Rebecca said...

Molls, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time, good medicine for the soul, do you still have your instruction booklets? I still have my sprinkler one! I would throw it away, but I can't find which pile I put it in!

Heidi said...

Thanks for keepin' it real. I think you're great!

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Haha!!! I was just saying how ironic it is that we celebrate being mothers by taking the day off from doing just that. Anyway, sorry it sucks. You're welcome to come warm up in Tucson if you decide to take a break.

Karen said...

I've yet to have a good anniversary or mother's day. And they are always the same weekend so it's a super size double bomb. I'm bummed I missed out on such a good converstaion with mom yesterday.

Lewis Family said...

Mother's day stinks for most of us!! Glad you had the courage to voice that for the rest of us!