Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Motherhood is...

Giving into the moment.

A truckload of patience.

Turning off lights all day long.

Laundry.

Pausing after you back out of your driveway to remember who you are taking where.

Saying things you never thought you would say.

Laughing.

The smile you get from your kids when you walk into a room that was meant only for Mom. That smile that makes your heart melt and his face almost burst. That smile is and always will be only for you. That smile is motherhood to me.

5 comments:

Karen said...

For some reason I completly missed this post. But I love it! I love the updated fam picture. And I love when you said backing up in your driveway remembering who you are driving where. That is a fond memory I have of mom. Your four boys are my favorite!!

Katie said...

I like this post a lot.

Stacey said...

Good thing you are coming, I have got to get my hands on that baby! The boys' poses are funny, that has become our standard pose for our group dh pictures. In fact, we just did it today!

barlows said...

AWESOME. Totally been at the end of the driveway stumped.

WendyJ said...

So funny. My kids have to remind me how old I am.