Thursday, August 6, 2009

Happenings

We have had a very busy summer, lots of fun trips and outings. Last Saturday was our first one home in a very long time. Our yard needed some attention in a desperate kind of way. This week we are back to our busy running around schedule. Here are some things that have been going on.

Spencer and Sam are back in swim lessons for 3 more weeks. They are both doing great. Spencer is amazing in the water. He is learning all the different strokes now and I can't believe how fast he is picking them all up. His focus and attention are so exciting to see. In the water, he is a different kid. We are working up to trying swim team at some point.

Matthew and I had a potty training battle day last Monday. By the end of the day, he had won. He was pretty much taunting me all day about how whenever I wasn't looking he could have an accident. I'm not sure what happened, but Tuesday morning he woke up and decided he would just go ahead and be potty trained. That was it. No more battles, no accidents. It has been smooth sailing ever since. Hooray!!!

We are starting to collect all the back to school stuff. There is so much to buy, I can't believe it. They all needed new shoes, new clothes, school supplies. These boys just beat up all their clothes, so not much is being passed down. Is this normal?

I finally made up my mind to put Matthew in preschool this Fall. That means for two sweet hours two days a week I will be FREE!!! Well, except for the other one I will be lugging around in my belly. Which by the way, two more weeks and we will know.....

In other news. I can't keep up with the laundry on any kind of level. I have pretty much stopped cooking, because that would mean I have to do dishes. I am not keeping up with dishes. I decided to clean out my closet and pretty much get rid of everything that doesn't fit. Which probably wasn't a good idea when I am four months pregnant. Hmmmm, might regret that. Do you think that was hormonal? I think it was brilliant.

5 comments:

Lewis Family said...

Absolutely brilliant! Then you won't feel the unrealistic expectation to fit back in to them after the baby... AND you can cry to Jeremy about how badly you need new clothes when all is said and done. You will have a whole new wardrobe before you know it. I think it's a win, win. Great job on the swimming Spencer! Keep up the good work!

Rachel said...

Who says brilliant and hormonal are exclusive? The best things in life happen because of hormones.

Congrats on your schedule this fall. I am looking forward to fall myself.

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

So glad the potty training battle was not a long one. I'm not looking forward to that. Good for you for getting some time to yourself. You definitely deserve those few hours a week. Can't wait to find out what you are having.

Heather Rice said...

Boy am I out of it! Congrats Molly and Jeremy! That is SO exciting!

Juliana said...

you lift my spirits! your blog posts are hilarious... I love reading your blog! And yes... my boys beat up their clothes. I am buying all new clothes for blake and it's driving me insane. I'd think that my 3rd boy would be easy because he'd hav so many clothes... WRONG! He's getting new stuff! Seriously... why don't clothes last? Question... do expensive clothes last longer? is it because I buy them on the clearance racks at Target and Old Navy?