Monday, September 29, 2008

Some Shout Outs

This weekend I headed to Portland to visit with some of my family by myself! I play so many roles in my life everyday, and I needed a weekend to just be a daughter and a sister. Here are some thoughts from my weekend.

Huge shout out to Jeremy for giving me this opportunity. I know the boys had a great time hanging with their Dad. Sometimes I can be a real downer with all my rules and regulations(you know, don't kill each other today, don't throw that glass across the room), so I think they all enjoyed the break. And, I just don't ask too many questions about what occurred. I do know the house was clean and the kids were happy when I came back, so thank you Jeremy!

It was so great to see my parents and have conversations with them without the interruption of my kids. I was able to have meaningful conversations with both of them and really enjoyed that. Also, I was amazed to see all that they are dealing with right now, especially the way they take care of my Grandma. I was able to have a nice moment with her which has been pretty rare over the past few years.


The highlight of my weekend was being able to hear my brother Steven play a piano solo in church on Sunday. He is an absolutely amazing musician, and it was such a treat. I am totally blown away by his talent!
It was so fun to be with Stacey at her ward activity. I was so impressed to watch her befriend everybody that was there. I know she is an amazing Relief Society President, and I really got to see her in action. Also, to watch every single guy stop what they were doing to watch her jump into the pool from the top of the rocks. Hilarious.
I had a blast staying with Karen in her home. It was such a cute, peaceful, fun, happy place. Thanks for putting me up!

1 comment:

Karen said...

That is such a pricless picture you got with Grandma and you do look absoutley stunning in it. You're gorgeous. I'm so glad you came to portland. It was really fun even though we shot ourselves in the foot by staying up so late the very first night. I felt like a zombie on Sat but had fun anyways.