Monday, September 15, 2008

Take that, Toothpaste!

I had a moment last week, one of those glorious moments where for one second you know you have discovered some great truth. Here is my moment I would like to share.

Whitening toothpaste and whitening gum do not work. I just know it is a scam. I have been using both of these daily for at least 3 years, and there really is no difference. And it just hit me, these are not working, why are you buying them? I will not be taken advantage of anymore. That's it. The end.

And then... we ran out of toothpaste so when I was at Target I went to get some. And there it was, a whole aisle full of whitening toothpaste in every brand and flavor. And I knew I shouldn't get it, but then I thought, what if by some miracle it is preventing my teeth from getting more yellow even if it is not making them whiter? I got confused.

I had to be strong. And then I saw it, the toothpaste that always makes me so happy. The toothpaste I would beg my Mom to buy when I was a kid, but apparently it was more expensive. Aquafresh. I love it. I bought the regular, old Aquafresh which now appears to be the cheapest paste around. But, I did get Jeremy the expensive whitening stuff. If he hasn't had his moment yet, I didn't want to deprive him.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

I am waiting to hear what nine out of ten dentists think.

D-dawg said...

Yeah, I'm starting to think it's all a scam too. I haven't noticed anything!