Friday, July 4, 2008

Randomness

No matter how much I clean my house, you will always find toys in random places all over my house. Here are some examples: Rolling pin in the backyard. And... a popsicle stick which I only saw after I posted this.
A sword and dinosaur in the guest bedroom. And... a weird circle spot which I only saw after I posted this.
A football in the dining room. And.. a mysterious smudge on the chair which I only saw after I posted this.
Some spider-man web toy in the master bathroom. And... an army guy which I only saw after I posted this shot!
Even though this can be frustrating always having toys scattered around, I really love the random toys in my house. Mostly because I love watching the boys discover these toys. They will just be walking around and then what? A rolling pin? That is just what I need right now! Sometimes I think I should just plant some random toys around my house. It's kind of like when you find that random piece of candy in your purse. You have no idea why you didn't eat it when you got it because you shove everything in your face when it is given to you, but you know this moment was meant to be because you were dying for a piece of candy. I think I will really miss those random toys someday, and so mostly I just let them be and watch the treasure hunt unfold.

4 comments:

Karen said...

That's cute. I can totally hear sammy saying, what, a rolling pin? this is just what i'm looking for. And the candy thing is great. I love finding candy in my purse. I shoved a whole bunch in my diaper bag from the parade today so hopefully I will be finding candy for days to come.

BrianJ said...

"plant some random toys around my house"

I love it!

Katie said...

classic! one of your best posts! love it! love the part of what you saw after you posted! glad you are embracing an interesting part of motherhood

janellelee said...

tell me about it! i find library books in all these crazy hiding spots....