Friday, December 30, 2011

Keep Reading for Resolutions

Hello all!  One last post of 2011.  How was your Christmas?  Mine was hectic, and lovely, and food-filled deliciousness.  I played a killer game of uno with my boys, lovely walks with my Mother-in-law, dates with Jeremy, and I got a Kindle.  I am in love.  I have to eat a little bit of crow because for the past few years I have experienced some bitter feelings about books going digital.  How can you not hold a book?  I wanted a kindle as soon as my local library signed up at the end of November to let you borrow books digitally.  What?  That is crazy!  I don't even have to go to the library?  This is astonishing to me, and I am still giddy about it.  I "borrowed" my first 3 books last night, with several more on hold.  With my kindle I have read 5 books since opening it Christmas morning, along with several samples of books I hope to read in the future.  I am an obsessive reader anyway, but now I might become worse.  Poor children, poor husband.  I did make sure to get dinner on the table last night and keep up with the dishes to give the impression I had been working all day instead of reading.  Today I again did the dishes and cleaned a bathroom.  That should fool them all.  This morning I finished reading Tina Fey's book.  I told myself I wouldn't get it, because I knew it had some questionable language.  Oops.  The sample had me laughing out loud, and I might have accidentally pushed the purchase button at the end.  Oops. Today I am reading a book about the first ladies and the florist that worked at the white house.  Intriguing. 

Now, onto resolutions.  Well, besides maybe not reading so much.  I am happy to say that I accomplished all of my resolutions from last year.  At least I think I did because I can't find where I wrote them down.  But, I am sure I did.  Why wouldn't I?  This year I am excited about some new projects.  I am switching my cooking blog over to a gluten free/dairy free blog.  I want to try and post regularly.  But I'm not sure my heart is in it mostly because I don't like taking pictures of the food I cook.  What a pain.  Because they need to be really good pictures, and I don't have time to cook the food, feed it to my family, and take amazing pictures.  Ok, so scratch that.  That is not a resolution, just a thought.  Next, paint my living room wall.  I have been thinking about this for at least 2 years. I can't pick a color.  I wanted blue, but my sister in law convinced me to try gold. It is really hard to find gold.  I want actual gold, sparkly gold on my walls.  Is that too much to ask?  So, don't count that one either.  I don't know if I have the stamina to find the right gold color this year.  Let's see, eat more vegetables?  Pinterest keeps shouting at me to go on a 60 day juice diet.  That could be interesting.  I don't have a fancy blender.  So, forget that.  I guess I will try again next year.  Good luck to all of you.  See you in 2012!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

As Karen says, we all need a little sparkle in our lives

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Since I read all your posts on Google Reader, I didn't even know you had another blog about cooking. WHAT??!!! That is so awesome. I have "issues" with my stomach and have been considering trying to cut out gluten and/or dairy, but I am so totally lazy that I don't want to even figure out how to do that. Now, I will just read your blog. So excited. Thanks!