Sunday, January 23, 2011

What? When? Why?

These are the questions I am constantly asking my kids.

What are you doing?
When did you do that?
Why are you doing that?

And the answers are the same, EVERY TIME.

Nothing.
I didn't.
I don't know.

Obviously I should have made a resolution not to ask these questions anymore. I am constantly amazed at the things I have to ask my children. I just can't believe they didn't come to this earth with any idea about anything. I just keep thinking some things will come naturally. Like not licking the trash can. Isn't that obvious? No, it's not. Don't drink the water out of the gutter. Come on, really? Don't put your head near people's rear ends. I know, I know. But these are conversations that happen regularly at my house. And I know I am not alone.

8 comments:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

That totally had me cracking up. Now I feel better about my baby eating feathers out of the couch (her favorite treat), even though they make her gag and throw-up. Maybe it's better she can't understand those questions yet.

Contessa Elegante said...

So funny...because it's so true!

WendyJ said...

Haha! So true. My kids would always eat sand. I don't know why I keep asking questions that I already know the answer to?

Lisa said...

Didn't you get the memo? Never ask why. In fact, I think it said that if your children have a Y chromosome, limit your questions to ones that can easily be answered with uh or nuh uh.

Karen said...

Oh dear, drinking water out of the gutter? Thankfully Haylee hasn't done that, but give hunter a few months and I'm sure I'll be somewhere in that ballpark soon.

Marianne said...

Molly, you are hilarious. Such is life with little boys. Thanks for the laugh!

Rachel said...

Molly. You make me laugh out loud. I made Randy read this post too. Parenthood is insanity. And you capture it so well.

Lewis Family said...

Hahaha... I love you Molly! I too constantly ask why!! What is the point. :)