Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Tv and Me

After an inspiring weekend early in October I decided to make some changes in my tv watching. I have tried this many times before, but I just always gave in because they would automatically record on my dvr and it was just so easy to give in after a long day. But this time I decided to get serious. I decided to just eliminate a couple shows every few weeks instead of going cold turkey. I am just so tired of all these shows pushing their social and moral agendas all the time. I immediately deleted the worst offenders from my recording schedule. I kept taking one more off every few weeks. I finally eliminated my last two guilty pleasure shows last week. I am excited about the shows I am still planning to watch. Hopefully I can find better things to do with my time this year besides all the junk tv I used to watch. Here are the shows that have made the cut.

The Biggest Loser
Community
The Office
Parenthood
The Amazing Race

I love watching these two shows with the kids.

Extreme Home Makeover
Wipeout

Anybody have any shows they like watching with their family? I feel like I need another series to get into. No more reality shows. Believe me if it is not on the list, I am not interested in watching it. Don't even think about mentioning Dancing with the Stars.

8 comments:

Katie said...

I'm going to do a post on Fav TV shows when I feel a little better.

I watch a lot of tv after I have a baby.

Try Human Target on Fx Wed. LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!

Castle on ABC Mon. at 9

PBS starts their winter season
This Sun. show looks great!

These aren't really kid shows, but I like them.

tyler family said...

I seriously love the show Parenthood. For some reason it is such a relaxing show to me. I always plan on folding laundry and watching it all by myself on that night :) We don't have DVR or cable or anything and I was so surprised at how many shows there still are to watch. Brodie & I watch Castle on Monday nights @ 9. It is fun & we make a little date of it. I usually plan a dessert to eat together for just the two of us.

Heidi said...

I don't see anything from the new OWN on your list of favorites. :)

Jen said...

What you need to start watching is . . . . . Modern Family (Ben is Phil), Mad Men (start with season 1), Breaking Bad (get caught up b4 starting season 4, start with seaon 1), Jersey Shore is a favorite of ours (as embarassing as that is to admit), Desperate Housewives (the real one, although I do watch the reality series on Bravo), 30 Rock, and then to top off the week we watch Swamp People (the boys love that show). I was intrigued with Sister Wives when that was on, I don't know if it will be on again as they may all be in jail sooner than later :). Oh and I have to watch Ellen everyday. Do you see why I get nothing done in life. Thanks goodness for DVR.

WendyJ said...

I watch 30 Rock and Survivor. The end. Our TV is in the basement, and it's cold and dark down there.

Karen said...

Well I just love all the shows on TLC and HGTV. I only watch reality tv. I don't watch any sitcoms so I'm no help.

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Seriously, how is Modern Family not on your list?? I watch all of the other ones you listed (plus a few! lol). One of my very very favorite shows isn't as well known- White Collar, on USA. Love love love it. Also love House.

Kathy said...

I feel really out of it. I don't watch any of these shows. Why am I too busy to get into TV any more? We laugh because we really only use our TV for watching movies which is pretty silly. Well, all I can say is GOOD for you, Molly, for being able to do this!! I'm sure you feel good about yourself and your self control! It's inspiring!