Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Skinny

Yep, I did it. I took a giant fashion leap forward, or backward depending on how you look at it. I bought some skinny jeans. Actually leggings. If you must know, the pants I bought came with a vocab tag attached. When I shop I like to get smarter and cuter at the same time. Jegging: a jean-legging hybrid with the look of denim but the fit and comfort of a legging.

Now, don't go judging my jegging. I wore them on my date Saturday night and I felt like a million bucks. Mainly because I really needed some new clothes, and because I felt like I had just jumped into the now. Or maybe I jumped into yesterday because the skinny has been in for so long and I just got on board. Anyway, I wear hybrid pants. With a very long shirt, or a dress depending on how you look at it.

When I bought my fancy pants the lady at the store asked if I was going to wear them with heels or boots. I was holding a baby in one arm and had another attached to my leg. How about flats or running shoes? Would that work? Maybe next year I can make that leap.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Hhm, I've been debating too. I'm really liking all these long sweater things, but I haven't jumped into the whole legging thing yet, but I'm getting very tempted.

Katie said...

Do they come in maternity?

Karen introduced me to the whole legging thing too.
But, I have yet to make it work for me.
I've done returns, one still in my closet, looking for the right shirts to go with it, etc.

Sally said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

How come we only get pics of the TAG and not of YOU in these so-called hybrid pants?!

Laura said...

Molly, I am finally coming out of my lurking closet and posting a comment :)
As for skinny jeans, I don't get the "skinny" part. I have tried on so many pairs while shopping with daughters and then put them back saying "no way, not me". But if you are going to break out, I will too.
Hear I come 1986!