Wednesday, March 24, 2010

First and Last

This will be my last post. I am done with my blog. I started in March 2008 and it has been a fun two years, but this fat lady has sung. Hmmm? What is that? You would like to hear some parting thoughts? Alright, if you insist.

I think that people who see their glass as half-empty have gotten a bad rap. I love that I look at a glass and see that it is half empty. You know why? Fill 'er up! That is my motto. If you are just sitting there thinking that your glass is half full, then suddenly it is empty. You didn't prepare, and you are left thirsty. Not me. I look at that half empty glass and say, I better make some plans and keep that thing filled up. You know what I am saying?

Projects I am hoping to work on this coming year: Organizing pantry, again. Organizing office, again. Personal journaling. The summer of Sam. Running in my first race, and probably some walking. Delivering random treats to friends and neighbors. Having more families over for dinner.

And on that note, my first giveaway on my last post. I will do a drawing to have your family over for dinner. You probably should live in the area unless you have plans of visiting soon, which is always welcome! Please leave a parting comment and I will do a random drawing on Saturday morning. Can't wait to see who wins!

Thanks for all the comments, happy blogging!

15 comments:

Katie said...

I am sad and feeling half empty that you will no longer post. I love reading your thoughts, seeing pics of the kids, and enjoying you.

Your plans sound great, so I understand.

I would love to in the drawing for dinner.
Count me in!

SaMaTo said...

Dang! I love reading your blog! You always make me laugh. I understand though, I have the same things on my to do list and they have been on there since last summer! I have to say I am a half empty girl half the time. ;) Love ya Molly!
I would love dinner, but I still owe you a dinner!
Sara

Heidi said...

You will definitely be missed in the blogging world. I enjoyed hearing about you and your family. But I understand. I was thinking about being done with my blog a few days ago because there just isn't time for everything.

I would love to come to your house for dinner and I would love to go to Idaho. Never been there. But it's highly unlikely I'll be in the area any time soon so unless you want to ship some Ginger Muffins or whatever's on the menu, you don't have to enter me in the contest.

Kjerstin Evans Ballard said...

Molly! Sad day. We will have to contrive a way to keep up with one another. Maybe talking on the phone. :)

Karen said...

Maureen Elizabeth Evans I am so mad at you. I helped you create this masterpiece two years ago and looking at hundreds of backgrounds with you until you got the perfect one. Even though we talk probably too much during the day I still love looking at your blog and your cuties!! Now I'll just have to come to boise all the more often to get my fill of the evans. Well so long and I know you'll make me dinner anytime I come so I guess I don't have to enter the drawing.

Sally said...

I am sad you are leaving the blogging world. I always love reading your blog. I guess I need to call you more often! And you can make dinner for me next week! Can't wait to see you!

Amanda said...

Sad day. I often laugh out loud reading your blog, and at the same time it is very thought provoking. In fact, we will be in the area this summer - late June or early July passing through on our way to SLC, so if you can wait that long, put me in the drawing!!

Me - Jen said...

OK . . . if i lived there I would help you organize. And way to start delivering treats to neighbors and having people over for dinner now that we are gone. What-eva. Now how in the world am I going to keep up with your life. Where did all this life changes come from? What? Huh? I will miss you even more now you silly girl. You better email every now and then! We can have our late night conversations of venting over email! :)

Rebecca said...

I will come walk with you anytime, or eat dinner with you! and what's the big idea of giving up your blog?

Danna said...

Hmmm...this doesn't have anything to do w/ reading the March Ensign article, "Digital Detachment," does it? That made me wonder if my computer is causing the neglect of better things. I'll miss you, Molly! Hopefully, you'll throw out a random email once is a while to let me know you're OK up there in ID & pics of the kids growing up! Keep in touch & good luck w/ all the big plans!

Lisa said...

QUITTER!

I think we could all do with less time tap tap tapping away at our computers!

But I must say, your web-presence will be missed :)

Stacey said...

Darn, I was hoping for more pictures! Facebook? I guess we'll have to make more visits.

WendyJ said...

I can't believe you're doing this to me. This must be some sort of sick April Fool's joke, right?

Whatever, anyway, we'll be driving through Boise this summer. Hopefully we'll get to see you this time. Good luck on your race, I should do that too.

Jeremy said...

Ummm... does this mean we have to start talking in person again?

Sign me up for a free dinner! Sweet!

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

I will miss the updates on your life, but with all your kiddos, I don't blame you. How did you ever have time to blog? Anyway, wish I could partake of your random treats or dinner.