Saturday, January 9, 2010

Happiest New Year

In December I decided I only had one resolution for the new year. Not to be pregnant in 2010. It was a bold resolution considering my due date was well into January, but I knew that if I set a goal for myself I could meet it. By New Year's Eve I was feeling pretty discouraged, I was already going to have to start the new year with a failed resolution. My parents and siblings were all in town for my niece's baptism, and we were all just hoping. Well, I woke up on New Years Day about 6 in the morning with intense stomach cramps. I figured I had the flu going around the family. After about half hour of really bad "flu" cramps coming every couple of minutes I woke up Jeremy. We were all sleeping over at my sister's house, and I was going to tell him to take me home for a little bit until I felt better. Jeremy took one look at me and said we are going to the hospital. At this point I was literally crying with each pain but still thinking I had the flu. Hmmmm. So, we finally got our crazy car ride to the hospital Jeremy had always been hoping for. Good thing we had his land rover to navigate the crazy streets of Boise!! We got to the hospital, water broke, contractions stop, 12 hours of labor, epidural wasn't working, baby didn't want to come out, finally did, hardly any pushing, perfect, alert baby! Meet Nathan Henry born on January 1, 2010. 7lbs. 5 oz. Here he is one week old. I am going to count this resolution as being met!

19 comments:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Congrats. He is handsome. Welcome Nathan!!! I think you can totally count that as your first resolution being met. What a great way to start off the year. And, why did Jeremy want a crazy car ride to the hospital???

Juliana said...

He is beautiful Molly! Congratulations! I love him already... Hope you are feeling good and getting pampered by your family. Love you!

Danna said...

Oh my goodness, Molly! You had BABY NEW YEAR! Your story was exciting! CONGRATULATIONS!! He looks so sweet & I hope you are recovering well!!

Katie said...

Love hearing the story again.

Flu cramps. Love it!

I can't get over how adorable he is.
I haven't held him yet.
I'm excited to hold him.

Jana said...

Ya!! He is beautiful! I'm so excited for you. Congratulations!!

Contessa Elegante said...

Yeah! Congrats! How exciting!!

Karen said...

I am here to say that your labor started way before 6 in the morning. The whole night I could tell you were in pain. But I can't wait to get my hands on nathan. Looking at him in the hospital was not enough for me. Two more weeks!!!

Lisa said...

You're holed up in your house over there and all we get is ONE PICTURE?!!! C'mon already!

Love the story!

Stacey said...

He's so cute, I want to hold him some more!

Unknown said...

Congratulation!!! I need to come over and hold him!!!

michelle said...

Oops I was signed in under Nathan:)

Angie Miller said...

I have been waiting and waiting for this picture - well worth it - he is so beautiful. Where's the picture of Mama and her snuggie?

WendyJ said...

Congratulations!!! He is handsome. I hope you're feeling well and have a speedy recovery. I think when you wait 9 months for something it seems to take forever and then when it does happen you're kind of in denial. I think I was that way with #4 too.

Emily S. said...

Congratulations! Glad he is here safe and sound. He is a really, really cute newborn! Can't wait to meet him in person :-)

Heather Rice said...

Oh Molly, he is perfect! I am so happy for you! Take care! I miss you!

Kathy said...

Congratulations!! I'm sure the fam was so happy that it wasn't the flu, and instead they all got to share in the joy of another family member joining the group! He's so cute!! I'll babysit any time!

And aren't you the one who said that your children's personalities match their birth story? Sounds like he's going to be a goal setter! (That or a crazy driver!)

Heidi said...

Congratulations! Looks like you got another cute one. Since mine didn't come before the new year Charles now hopes I remain pregnant for as long as possible, at least till the next credit card cycle. It's all about the money for him.

Jenn S. said...

Wow - what a way to ring in the new year! And oh man is he ever gorgeous! Please kiss those adorable cheeks and sniff his head (I have a serious problem sniffing baby heads) for me. :)

PS - Flu symptoms? Are you sure you haven't done this THREE times already? C'mon thinking contractions are flu symptoms is rookie stuff! Glad Jeremy was there to realize a baby was on the way. :)

xoxo

Lewis Family said...

What a handsome little guy!! Congrats on achieving your New Year's resolution already!! I hope you are recovering well and getting adjusted to having 4! Congrats my friend!