Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween

We had such a fun Halloween this year! I was actually nervous having it on Saturday because I was afraid the kids would be going crazy waiting until dark to head out. We had a really lovely day with the boys. I'm glad we saved the pumpkin carving until Saturday. It was a great activity, and I didn't have to worry about cleaning them out that well so the pumpkins would last. Here is Jeremy's pumpkin, he wanted the brains to be spilling out... Sam really did not want to get his hands messy.
We had such a successful carving year. We decided that they each had to make their own faces, no fancy designs from books. They had to be able to draw and carve it themselves. Each of the boys drew their faces, and then did most of the carving themselves. Sam really wanted his pumpkin to have teeth.




Spencer did ALL of the carving himself. He was so proud of himself, and we were too!

Matthew had to add a tooth to his after he saw Sam's pumpkin.
We finally had something besides a superhero this year! Sam planned this costume for months!
Spencer and Matthew wore several different costumes throughout the week. These were the only ones I got pictures of, and they are the same as last year!!


6 comments:

Katie said...

Glad you showed up Jeremy's pumpkin.
Loved it!
Looks like another Halloween was great. Sure liked Sam's costume.

Katie said...

Spelling error: us not up!

Karen said...

OH my goodness sam looks adorable. I love his costume. You found boots!! I had to laugh at jeremy's brain spilling pumpkin. Very creative.

Sally said...

I am sad we didn't carve pumpkins this year, but your pumpkins look great! And I love sam's costume!

Lewis Family said...

Oh man, I smile to see that Buzz still lives on!!!!!!!!!!! You've got some serious carving talent in your family! Good job boys!

Stacey said...

Looks like fun, love all the pictures!