Thursday, June 14, 2012

Glorious Summer

Last summer I discovered how glorious summer can be.  I enjoyed having my kids home, and was a little (tiny) bit sad when they had to go back to school.  Now I will tell you my secret.  It worked wonders for our family, and looks like this summer will be another hit.  On the last day of school I packed up the wii and put it away.  Gone.  Not an option.  Not even when you buy a wii game in the middle of the summer with your birthday money.  There is nothing you can do to get it out, never a reward for anything.   Once the wii was not an option, my kids got their imaginations back, and creativity, and ability to play together.  It was the BEST!  The other screen time options such as the ipad and computer can be earned with their summer bingo boards.  More about that later.  Today the boys played in the sprinklers and then decided to have a picnic in the backyard.  I love the things they put out for their picnic.  Half a cake, jar of peanut butter, and some fruit.  Great!  Hooray for Summer!




1 comment:

Karen said...

I should pack up my whole tv. Holy cow, every second of everyday that we are home haylee is asking to watch a show. I love your secret!!