Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Setting Goals

I believe in them. Unless they have to do with Personal Progress or Scouting. Oops, did I just write that out loud? I'm jesting, of course. I mean, who doesn't believe in personal progress? Anyway, goals are good. About a year ago I decided on two goals I would like to update you on.

First goal, have cookies in my pantry at all times. I decided I needed to buy cookies every week at the store. I would always walk down the cookie/cracker aisle and have this panicky emotional breakdown trying to decide whether to buy cookies or not. Kids should have cookies, they will just eat them all in one day, I will eat them all in one day, kids, should have cookies. Back and forth. I just decided not to think about it anymore and every single week I will buy cookies. Can I tell you how great this has been for our family and guests who come visit? Cookies are important tools for rewards, motivation, and socializing. And, cookies are delicious. I am happy to report the cookie buying is now a habit. Aren't you proud of me?

Second goal, a signature scent. We all know those people that every time you are around them, they smell delicious. I wanted to be that friend. Your delicious smelling friend. I decided that I would wear perfume every day, all the time. I would put on a spritz no matter where I was going, or how silly it seemed. I wanted to create a signature scent. This has been going on for about a year. The first few months I was really good about it. I have gotten kind of lazy in my spritzing. But, whether I was good or lazy about it, nobody really noticed. So, either people think I smell delicious and they haven't said anything, or I don't even want to consider the other option. I do get lots of comments whenever I head out and my hair is still wet. The shampoo smell seems to be much more alluring than any perfume. So, that is good to know.

4 comments:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

I like that cookie goal. I think I've had a similar unspoken goal with chocolate. It does make everyone happier...or at least me.

Lisa said...

Mmm... cookies. As far as the scent goes... I definitely haven't noticed. Maybe you just need to go a little crazier with the spritzing, either that or stand a lot closer to people!

Marianne said...

Having cookies in the pantry at all times sounds great, but for me it would require too much will power. I would most likely be eating them all the time. :)

WendyJ said...

Wow!! How long do the cookies last? I think they'd last about 2 minutes at my house. I've been wanting to smell better too, but perfume gives me headaches, so I have to do body sprays. I'll have to sniff you the next time we see you. BTW, would you mind us crashing your place again in July?