Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer Truth

There was an old woman who lived in a shoe.
She had so many children she did not know what to do.Lets face it. We are living fake lives during the school year. We go to the grocery store with one, maybe two kids. We might even go to a doctor appointment and sit in the waiting room leisurely reading magazines like that is our real life. Sitting around reading magazines. And then summer hits. Reality check. I am dragging four kids everywhere with me. And people are stopping me, are those all yours? Doctors are surprised to realize I have this many kids. Where did they come from? Have you always had this many kids? There are people in my life that have no idea how many kids I have. And they are shocked. Because I guess I had them fooled. But summer comes and there ain't no more foolin'. This is me. This is my real life. Kids everywhere. Toys everywhere. Doors always left open. Shoes everywhere. Snacks. More snacks. Sticky floors. Bikes on the front lawn. Did I mention they need snacks? Mismatched clothes. Garage doors left open all night. Broken screen doors. Bugs. Oh, and you can push a cart with four children on it. But, you block traffic and you get stinky looks. So then you make them follow you in a line. And then you really get looks. Me, pushing my baby boy with three boys following me in a line. But then I look back and the three boys are on the floor wrestling. This is my summer life.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

But it's a good life!!! And then school starts again and your sanity is saved just in the nick of time... barely!

mamanicky said...

whoot whoot!! Joinin the mom gettin dirty looks train. It's so much fun to be us, no?

Katie said...

No, yours is a great post. Great post!
Loved the old woman and the shoe
She had so many children she did not know what to do!

Mikkyn said...

You hit it on the head. I am having all the same problems except the baby is a girl but she acts just like one of the boys. She'd be right in the middle of the wrestling match. I love having them home but holy cow, the house gets soooooo dirty so fast.

Lewis Family said...

I feel your pain girl... love your post.

WendyJ said...

Sooooooooo true!! Seriously I have twice as many dishes to do now...what?