Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sesame Street

This show absolutely blows me away. It is so full of adult humor and story lines, it is great! Has anybody been watching this? I just watched an Indiana Jones Skit totally making fun of the whole movie premise and now Feist is on singing her 1234 song and changing the words to be about how much she loves counting. Brilliant! Last week I saw Law and Order:SLU (Special Letter Unit) with all the characters from the show in puppet form including the classic sound effects. They were investigating a case about a missing letter L. It was awesome! A few months ago they did The Office with Michael, Jim, Pam, and the whole crew as puppets. I practically fell off my chair it was so funny. Also last week they did Meal or no Meal. It was genius. The banker was the baker. The contestant was going crazy and losing it because she didn't know whether to take a snack now or hold out for a whole meal. She was fainting and going nuts. Loved it. Not to mention the famous people they have singing silly songs and being hilarious. You think Alec Baldwin is funny on 30 Rock? Sesame Street. Check it out.

11 comments:

Mom said...

I was always trying to get you kids to sit and watch Sesame street, now you know why, I wanted to watch it!!! It's the BEST

Amanda said...

Sounds hilarious! I'll definitely look forward to that on American TV when we come home. Just the thought of "The Office" one has me laughing.

Danna said...

I wonder if they have reruns of those on YouTube??

BrianJ said...

I like Sesame Street, but Elmo bugs me. I won't get into it.

But Mr Rogers' is really tops for me. No one beats Fred.

BrianJ said...

Meal or No Meal

Feist

Nora Jones (you missed this one)

SLU

Heidi said...

Sounds like I need to be watching Sesame Street instead of Barney. None of my kids are into it right now. Sarah cries if I ever put it on.

Stacey said...

Funny you should post this, I was just watching sesame street youtube videos with Haylee the other day, and there are some great ones on there!

Lewis Family said...

Seriously Molly, you need to get out more! Your posts always put a huge smile on my face. This one is no exception. You are one who can find joy in the smallest things... wish there were more people like you out there.

Katie said...

Yes,yes,yes. Totally Great!
I've caught all these and just start laughing and giggling, I turn up the volume pointing out the humor to my kids and they look at me weird.
Love that you shared this with everyone. Shout out to you for mentioning this! How can we get a dvd best of Sesame street? Have an adult get together and laugh the night away! Have you seen there version of 24. Another classic a real "cliff hanger"!

Tate one time heard a james blunt on my itunes sing your beautiful, and then later sang "and I don't know what to do!" Telling me the singer didn't know what to do. Couple days later James is on Seasame street singing the same song about his triangle and "he didn't know what to do!" It was the best totally great!

Rachel said...

Sesame Street is classic, but if you want to get trippy, check out Yo Gabba Gabba. That show... is indescribable and will certainly warp many, many young minds before it's through.

Jenn S. said...

It's on our TV *right now* - though Kate is really only interested in segments with Elmo.

Yesterday they had a parady of "High School Musical" - "Pre-school Musical" it was so, so funny. Savannah didn't get it, but I was laughing my head off.